I write. A lot. For a few reasons:
- I think best by writing it down, it is how I make sense of the world. My first career was in journalism and it is still itching.
- People still read, it is a good way to scan, to seek, to get pointers from a variety of sources. To see life through a different pair of eyes. It is like getting a second life, like being able to try out something new. And then you find a few morsels you like and bring them back
- Giving back. Other people’s writing was instrumental on my own path. I am now able to share some of my own work. Most of what I share is free. Not everyone is able to or wants to have a coach, but everyone should be able to get help on their journey to make a next step.
Book: Values-based: Career and Life Decisions that make Sense – out now!
Get the book on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RNGQQNH
Preview of the book “The Decisive Edge“, to launch in 2020
On a slightly different angle, I recently published a poem+illustration in this book, affiliated with the House of Beautiful Business. So pleased.
There are several projects in the works right now (various stages of review, or diarized but not out yet), so ping me if you are curious. Once they launch I’ll be shouting them from the rooftops 🙂
Guest blogs and articles:
Guest Blog for the 2019 Global Peter Drucker Forum: Using Values as common guidelines for action in complex ecosystems
Essay at Kosmos Journal for Global Transformation: Secular Activism: Values as a Means to invite greater Depth
Guest blog at the Charity Learning Consortium: Top Tips to Bring your Values to Life
Guest blog here at Tom McCallum’s: Your pain and where to put it (to work)
Guest blog at the Psychosynthesis trust: The Rough with the Smooth
Guest blog on “hope” at the Advent Blog series
My article series on the Life Coach Directory on personal development and coaching itself:
- Holiday blues – on reconnecting with a stranger (that’s you!)
- What sort of coach are you looking for – on different coaching styles
- The “chemistry” meeting or call to start a coaching process
- Being vs. Doing – re-igniting that holiday mojo
- Fiddling with the load-bearing structure (life as a construction project)
- My top tips for self-reflection
- Adulting: On planning and winging it
- Recovering from a messy conversation
- Building overnight success one block at a time.
- Your idols and what they might have to do with you
- Values – the foundations of good leadership